Wireless router models can be very different from each other which can make shopping for one a little difficult and even overwhelming. So, this might lead some people to wonder:
How can I make sure I’ll get stronger WiFi signals with a certain router? What are some features I should look for in a wireless router?
To get a strong WiFi signal you need to have a good WiFi range. This article will highlight the best routers with the longest range. Their range is superb and they are built with antenna technology to help make sure you have a large coverage area.
A router with an excellent range will work at higher speeds and travel greater distances. Your WiFi signal strength will also improve which means your WiFi will have a faster and higher speed when you use it.
- Best Routers with the Longest Range 2017
- 1. AmpliFi HD - Best for Faster WiFi Speeds
- 2. TP-Link AC5400 - Best Design (an Easy-to-Use Interface)
- 3. Securifi Almond Router - Best Range Extender
- 4. Portal Wi-Fi Router - Best Under $200
- 5. Linksys AC5400 - Best Router to Splurge On
- 6. TP-Link AC1900 - An Affordable Option
- 7. Linksys AC1900 - Best for Faster Speeds
- 8. ASUS RT-AC88U - A Great Router for Gaming
- 9. TP-Link Archer C7 - Best Setup
- 10. Asus Dual-Band Wireless - N600 - Best Overall
Best Routers with the Longest Range 2017
If you’re looking for a router with a fast speed and wide range, the routers in this article are some of the best. They have sufficient WiFi signals which means any surfing or streaming you do won’t buffer.
The comparison table below displays some of the top routers with faster WiFi speeds that you can buy. Keep reading to learn more about these top routers on the market that have the longest range.
|AmpliFi HD||5 lbs.||3.9 x 3.9 x 3.9 inches||White||Check Price|
|TP-Link AC5400||3 lbs.||9.1 x 9.1 x 7.1 inches||Black||Check Price|
|Securifi Almond||1 lb.||4.8 x 1.9 x 4.3 inches||Black||Check Price|
|Portal Wi-Fi Router||1.6 lbs.||9.5 x 7.2 x 2.1 inches||White||Check Price|
|Linksys AC5400||3.3 lbs.||5.4 x 14.3 x 11.7 inches||Black||Check Price|
|TP-Link AC1900||3 lbs.||13.2 x 3.9 x 9.5 inches||White||Check Price|
|Linksys AC1900||2 lbs.||9.8 x 7.7 x 2.0 inches||Black/Blue||Check Price|
|ASUS RT-AC88U||3 lbs.||30 x 6.5 x 18.8 inches||Black/Red||Check Price|
|TP-Link Archer C7||2 lbs.||6.4 x 9.6 x 1.3 inches||Black||Check Price|
|Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N600||1 lb.||9.37 x 12.24 x 3.27 inches||Black||Check Price|
Routers come in various shapes and sizes and each model has many different features. You want to invest in a router that not only has an excellent range, but one that also is compact. A compact router can help prevent it from taking up too much space wherever you place it.
Another thing you should look for is whether the router is good for gaming and 4K video streaming. It’s important to buy a router that will give you a solid performance with these. Also, look at the antennas of the router. These are what will help your router receive and send stronger WiFi signals to your devices.
Because of this, it’s important to check the type of antennas they are and their amount. The models listed in this article are some of the top routers on the market. Keep reading to learn more about them and their different features.
1. AmpliFi HD - Best for Faster WiFi Speeds
This router is made with a special Wi-Fi Mesh Technology. It comes with 2 mesh points you can use to help keep your Wi-Fi signal strong so it can reach all of your devices.
These mesh points help to prevent dead spots from occurring which helps to ensure you receive Wi-Fi no matter where you are.
This dual-band 802.11ac router can work up to fast speeds of 5.25 Gbps. It features a helpful Smart-Touch Display on the front of it which you can easily access so you can look at the router’s speed and other features.
This can help you to always be up to date with what’s happening with your router and computer’s system. This wireless router also uses BlueTooth low energy.
- This router is easy to set up.
- It comes with an Amplifi app. You can use this app to set up the router, access parental controls, and monitor your network.
- This product works well with almost any type of Wi-Fi device.
- There are no Ethernet ports on this router.
- It doesn’t come with a QoS feature.
- In order to set this router up you need to use the app.
If you’re looking for a router with a fast speed, this product is definitely one you should look at. It runs up to 5.25 Gbps and incorporates 2 different mesh points which help to ensure your device receives clear and quick Wi-Fi signals. While you do need to use its app in order to set it up, the app is easy to use and the installation process is quick.
This tri-band router runs with one 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz bands to help your Wi-Fi run quickly. It also features NitroQAM technology which helps your Wi-Fi run at speeds up to 5,400 Mbps.
You’ll find 8 external antennas lining the outside of this router. These antennas will help the Wi-Fi signal to quickly reach your devices. On the back of this router you’ll find 4 Ethernet ports you can use.
There are also 2.0 USB and 3.0 USB ports on the back of it which you can use to help you connect other devices to the router, such as a printer. MU-MIMO is also incorporated into this wireless router which will help your device run much faster.
Bandwidth prioritization (QoS) is also built into this router. This will help you to direct your Wi-Fi signal to a certain device. A VPN server is also built into this router.
- It’s great for gaming and 4k video streaming.
- This product works with Alexa and IFTT.
- It comes with a 2 year warranty.
- You can use its Tether app to help you monitor its settings. You can use this app to create parental controls as well as guest networks. One can also use this app to check who is using your network and to see your current Wi-Fi speeds.
- It is an expensive router model.
- Sometimes the Internet connection might not be as strong as you’d might like it to be.
This router comes with many different features that work not only for everyday Wi-Fi use, but for streaming and gaming as well. It comes with many antennas and features both MU-MIMO and QoS technology to help make sure your Wi-Fi runs quickly. Its app also helps you to keep constant track of your network. This product is ideal for those who want a router that’s built with the latest technology and comes with great security features.
3. Securifi Almond Router - Best Range Extender
This wireless long-range router has a range of 50-150 ft. It also features a range extender which uses amplifiers. These amplifiers work to help prevent dead spots from occurring which helps to make sure your device receive a sufficient amount of Wi-Fi.
This dual band router has a 2.4 GHz band which runs up to 300 Mbps and a 5 GHz band which runs at 867 Mbps. The router features two LAN ports and one WAN and USB ports. On the front of this uniquely designed router is a 2.8 inch touchscreen.
You can use this touchscreen to monitor your current Wi-Fi status. It can also be used to help control your lights, locks, and thermostats in your home.
- It comes with an Almond Mobile app. You can use this app to monitor your Wi-Fi, adjust parental controls, and create guest networks. You can also use it to block certain devices from using your network.
- This router’s installation only takes 3 minutes. You don’t need to use a computer or web browser to do so.
- It comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- You can use it with Amazon’s Alexa.
- It’s not as fast as some other models.
- The touchscreen can sometimes be difficult to use.
This dual-band router features a range extender to help ensure that you receive a sufficient amount of Wi-Fi for your device with its long range. It features a touchscreen you can use as well as an app to help you better monitor your network to help give you a peak performance with your Wi-Fi. If you’re looking for a router that’s easy to install and will give you a great range, this is definitely one of the best models to consider.
4. Portal Wi-Fi Router - Best Under $200
This dual-band router features 9 internal antennas to help you with gaming and 4k streaming. It uses DFS Fast Lane technology which helps move your device to a faster Wi-Fi channel depending on what you’re trying to do with your device.
This router can reach up to 3,000 square feet and can run up to even faster speeds of 2,400 MB per second. Its long range will help you to quickly connect to Wi-Fi no matter where you are. Beamforming is also built into this device which helps your Wi-Fi signal move quickly around possible Wi-Fi obstacles in its range.
This can help ensure that your Wi-Fi signal is uninterrupted. Besides this, it uses MU-MIMO technology, Mesh 2.0, and QoS to help your devices run quickly. On the back of this router you’ll find 2 USB ports, 1 LAN port, and 4 WAN ports.
- It’s easy to set up.
- This router can work with all Wi-Fi devices.
- It comes with an app you can use which will send you alerts about your network. This product also lets you set some security features in place.
- It comes with a 3 year warranty.
- While the app is helpful, it’s very simple. If you’re looking for one with more advanced options, this probably isn’t for you.
If you’re looking for an affordable router option, this is a great choice. It features not only many different modern technology features, but can reach a large area with its range. This router is also great to use if you plan to use it mainly for gaming and streaming online videos.
5. Linksys AC5400 - Best Router to Splurge On
This tri-band router can run up to speeds of 5.3 Gbps. It uses a 1.4 GHz processor and features 8 external antennas that border this router.
These antennas are adjustable which means you can easily move them to help you get a better Wi-Fi signal in the router’s long range. On the back of this router you’ll find 2 USB ports and 8 Ethernet ports.
This router works as a Max-Stream router which helps to make your streaming and gaming experience much better. This is due to its range capabilities which helps the Wi-Fi to quickly connect to your gaming and streaming device.
It also has a range extender which helps to give you strong and high-speed signals for your device. MU-MIMO technology is also built into this router which will help it to better reach all the devices that are connected on your network.
This router also has many different security features built into it like WPA/WPA2 and SPI firewall to help it better protect your network.
- It can work with Amazon’s Alexa.
- This product comes with a 3 year warranty.
- This router can easily stream 4k videos.
- You can use the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app to help you monitor your network. You can also use it to create guest networks and to adjust parental controls.
- It is a more expensive router option.
- If you’re not that tech-savvy this might not be one of the best routers for you to use. It is a little more advanced which could end up making it difficult for some to use.
- Its 5 GHz band could be better.
This router has many features built into it to help your Wi-Fi run quickly and give you a high performance. It comes with 8 antennas and over 8 Ethernet ports which is an ideal amount if you enjoy gaming. Besides this it also incorporates many useful security features to help keep your network secure. If you’re looking for a router whose range covers a large network area and works to help keep your network better secure, this is a product you should definitely consider using.
6. TP-Link AC1900 - An Affordable Option
This uniquely designed router is propped up to help make it more compact wherever you decide to place it. It uses 3 detachable antennas which will help the Wi-Fi to better reach your devices. On the back of this router you’ll find USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports which you can use to help share any printers and other media on your network. You’ll also find 4 Ethernet ports on the back of this product.
This router runs on a 1 GHz dual-core CPU. It uses 2 bands: a 5 GHz band which runs at 1,300 Mbps and a 2.4 GHz band which runs at 600 Mbps.
This router also uses beamforming technology to help the Wi-Fi signal move directly to your device. This can help to prevent you from having to search for a reliable Wi-Fi signal for your device because its range will be large.
A QoS feature is also built into this model to help ensure that you can have a sufficient amount of Wi-Fi for a certain device.
- This product is good to use for 4k streaming.
- It comes with a 2 year warranty.
- It is fast.
- This router comes with the Tether app. This app will allow you to monitor your network and your Wi-Fi signals. You can also use it to create guest networks.
- Sometimes you might have to reset this router for it to work properly.
- The Internet might not run quickly in some areas with it. You might end up having to move devices closer to the router.
This dual-band router not only comes with an interesting design, but also many helpful features to give it a solid performance. It uses beamforming technology as well as QoS to help give it a fast performance. This model also comes with many Ethernet ports which makes it a great model to use for gaming. If you’re looking for an affordable option that features modern technology advances and also has a great range, this is a product you should look at.
7. Linksys AC1900 - Best for Faster Speeds
This dual-band router has a 5 GHz band that runs up to 1,300 Mbps and 2.4 GHz band that runs up to 600 Mbps. It has 512 MB of RAM and runs on a dual core 1.6 GHz CPU processor. This processor amount is ideal for those who plan to use this router mainly for gaming and streaming.
On the front of this router you’ll find indicator lights which will help you to better monitor your network’s current status. You’ll also find 4 adjustable antennas on it which will help to ensure that it can reach a long range with its Wi-Fi signal.
On the back of this router you’ll find a 2.0 USB port and a 3.0 USB port. There is also an eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port and 4 Ethernet ports located on the back.
This router uses beamforming technology to help the Wi-Fi signal travel quickly to your devices. A QoS feature is also built into this router to help you adjust which device your Wi-Fi signal should prioritize.
- It comes with a network map you can use to help you better keep track of your network.
- This router uses Open Source Ready technology. This will help you to customize your router.
- It is fast.
- It comes with an app you can use to monitor your network and current Wi-Fi settings.
- The set-up process is easy.
- Sometimes you have to reset the router in order for it to work properly.
- It isn’t one of the most compact router models.
This dual-band router is easy to use and is fast. It’s 2 bands work to help your Wi-Fi signal reach your devices quickly. It also uses beamforming and QoS technology to help your devices have a strong Wi-Fi signal without fear of its range being hindered by a Wi-Fi obstacle. If you’re looking for a faster speed and a great range in your router, this product is definitely a model you should check out as it will give you a solid performance.
8. ASUS RT-AC88U - A Great Router for Gaming
This dual-band router has a 2.4 GHz band that runs at 1,000 Mbps and a 5 GHz band that runs at 2,100 Mbps. It comes with 4 antennas which can cover an area of 5,000 square feet.
This router uses a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor and uses 1024-QAM technology. On the back of this router you’ll find 8 LAN ports.
You can monitor the current status of your network with the indicator lights on the front of this router
This product uses Smart Connect technology which allows it to choose the best Wi-Fi band for your device. This will help your device to run quickly and prevent any buffering from occurring.
It also uses Ai Protection with Trend Micro to help keep your router secure. This will allow you to monitor your network’s settings and see who is on your network. You can also access parental controls and other security features with it.
MU-MIMO is built into this router to help the Wi-Fi signal better connect to all the devices on your network. Also included with this router is a WTFast Game Accelerator. This can help with any gaming you might do with this router.
- Its installation process is easy. You only need to follow 3 simple steps.
- It comes with an ASUS Router app. You can use this app to monitor your network, create guest networks, and keep track of any parental controls.
- It’s great to use with gaming thanks to its WTFast Game Accelerator.
- It is one of the more expensive router models.
- This router can sometimes be a little slow.
This router is simple to install and uses many useful modern technology features like MU-MIMO and Smart Connect. It also comes with a security feature to help ensure your router and network are fully protected from any possible attacks. This router also comes with a WTFast Game Accelerator which makes it an ideal router to use if you’re looking for a model to use for gaming purposes. It’s also ideal for gaming due to its fast speeds and range. It will give you a fast performance with its large Wi-Fi range.
9. TP-Link Archer C7 - Best Setup
This dual-band model features a 2.4 GHz band that runs at 450 Mbps and a 5 GHz band that runs at 1,300 Mbps. It has 5 antennas altogether.
Three of these antennas are external and three of them are internal. This setup will help your router to work quickly to send your device a strong Wi-Fi signal.
On the front you’ll find indicator lights which will help you monitor your router’s current status regarding things like the Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections. On the back of this product you’ll find dual USB 2.0 ports, 4 Ethernet ports, and a WAN port.
This router is able to support 802.11ac and also includes WPA security. Its bandwidth control feature will allow you to manage the bands of certain devices so they receive sufficient Wi-Fi. You can also use this bandwidth control with your guest networks. You can allow your guests to either use your 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band.
- It comes with a Tether app. You can use this app to monitor and adjust various settings on your router. It will also help to alert you if there’s a problem with your network.
- If you use a lot of devices that need Wi-Fi this router will be able to handle it.
- It might not work very well in large areas, especially if there are Wi-Fi obstacles.
- The 5 GHz band isn’t very fast.
This router includes many useful features like bandwidth control and WPA security. It also features a large amount of antennas to help your Wi-Fi signal quickly connect to your devices. This product is ideal for those who want an affordable option that is simple to use but still has some great modern features.
10. Asus Dual-Band Wireless - N600 - Best Overall
This router is propped up with its creative design to help make it a more compact option. Its indicator lights (located on the front) will help you to keep better track of the Wi-Fi and Ethernet status.
There are numerous ports on the back of this router you can use. These include 1 WAN port, 4 LAN ports, and 2 USB 2.0 ports. This dual-band router’s 2.4 and 5 GHz bands can go up to speeds of 600 Mbps.
It also features a data transfer speed of 300 mb per second. This model’s Ethernet also has the ability to quickly download an HD movie in less than 5 minutes.
- If you plan to use your router a lot, this model is ideal. It can withstand heavy usage.
- It comes with a unique design.
- It’s a fast model.
- The installation process can be a little tricky.
If you’re looking for a router that will work quickly, this model is one you should consider. Its bands work quickly to help connect your devices to Wi-Fi. It also has a fast data transfer and Ethernet speed. So, if you need to stream a movie or want to use it for gaming, this router can easily help you do so with its long range.
This article highlighted 10 of the top routers with the longest range on the market. Their range and speed are unlike any other models on the market. Besides this, they also incorporate much of today’s latest technology such as beamforming and QoS.
This can help your devices run faster and prevent the Wi-Fi signal from being blocked by a possible Wi-Fi obstacle. These routers will give you a fast performance with your Wi-Fi which means your devices will run quickly.
If you’re looking for a router with a great range, excellent speed, and one that can give you a solid performance, you should definitely check out one of the models on this list.
Check Also these related guides: